Reptiles

Reptiles
Silly Grins

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Intermission

 

The following is part of an inner dialogue, 
With no particular audience in mind.
Just bits and pieces of here an there.
(Nothing to figure out...it's internal)



What shapes us?  
Maybe rain and memories.

For you? 
Mostly, the music, the words, the images...everything that I've seen or even thought I imagined. Some things seem to stand out more than others. And now that I'm at an age where I've got enough miles, have lived long enough, there are patterns that I'm able to see. Never everything though. A lot of listening too...

And now?
These are the lyrics I remember as he, like a brother, left them on an answering machine:

If I were a swan, I'd be gone
If I were a book, I'd bend
If I were a better man, 
I'd talk to with you more often that I do,
My Friend 

And to think, all these years later, with the assist of this technology, those words were from a song I've never heard. Not until just now. 


Why that one?
The video would not load like the others...still, the connections my mind makes with the images are important, to me.


"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."
Bob Marley
Marley also says something about the difference between being able to feel the rain and just getting wet.
Since this post is down, we're going to go a little high - in a literal sense - for the next one, maybe in a day or so (for anyone who is reading in real-time).  Talk will be about this island and beyond, and part of why some of us can still teach...then we'll talk about a friendship, for what it's worth.

4 comments:

  1. Bob Marley, he was a musical mountain. I have listened to "Legend" more than any other LP in my life. Dark side of the Moon was played to deatha s a youth but Bob has been with me much more often for much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, a lot of old things that have been around for a long time are somehow new. Which may be sign the mental coffee is starting to kick in. Be interesting to see where it goes.

    Time to read a few blogs before fading out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaya - Running Away.

    Back here tomorrow for a better formulated comment. It has been a long trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see you found the answer to my little riddle ndohlala ndigoduka. Because I had hoped you would. Some things are so easy, so forget about them until you find them back. That is one of the many things she is teaching me.

    ReplyDelete